Competition - Win with Cyclosport and Pantani Film
Cyclosport.org is offering one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of tickets to the premiere of PANTANI: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist in London on 13th May 2014.
PANTANI: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist, the much-anticipated feature documentary of the cyclist Marco Pantani's life, is to launch in UK cinemas on Friday 16th May 2014. However, the film's premiere will be held in London on May 13th at Cineworld Haymarket, with special guests in attendance including ITV cycling presenter Ned Boulting, who will be hosting a live question and answer session with the film's director and producer James Erskine. 200 limited tickets for the premiere are being made available to the public and have been released online at www.pantanifilm.com/premiere, costing £25.
Marco Pantani wearing the yellow jersey after winning the Tour de France in Paris, 1998 - Credit: SVEN SIMON/DPA/Press Association Images
A New Black Films and Media Squared Films production in association with 4 Rights, the work charts the meteoric rise and spectacular fall of Marco Pantani, the cyclist affectionately known as 'Il Pirata' for his diminutive, pirate-like image. Born in 1970 to a humble family in Cesanatico in northern Italy, by the late 1990's Pantani had become the most successful, flamboyant and popular cyclist of his era.
In 1998, Pantani won both the Tour de France and Giro d'Italia - a titanic feat of physical and mental endurance that no rider has repeated since. He was a hero to millions; at the time, the saviour of cycling following the doping scandals which threatened to destroy the sport. However, less than six years later he died alone, in a cheap Italian hotel room.
Marco Pantani sprints ahead of Lance Armstrong, Courchevel, Tour de France, 2000 - Credit: CHRISTOPHE ENA/AP/Press Association Images
PANTANI: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist explores the startling truth behind one man's remarkable descent from being amongst the finest athletes on earth to his tragic end in a sport riven by intrigue. Based on two years extensive research and inspired by Matt Rendell's, The Death of Marco Pantani, the film combines scintillating race archive with contemporary news footage, stylised reconstructions, and interviews with Pantani's friends, family, colleagues and rivals, including Sir Bradley Wiggins, Evgeni Berzin and Greg LeMond.
See below for the trailer:
Competition ends 10pm on Sunday 11th May 2014.
Terms & Conditions:
1. You agree that we can keep your contact information and contact you in relation to our products and services, unless you otherwise state.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and residents of the UK. Only 1 entry per household.
3. Competition not open to employees or agencies of Cyclosport or HotChillee Ltd, their immediate family or other persons associated with the competition.
4. Prize winner will be drawn at random from all correct answers received by 10pm on 11th May 2014 and will be notified by email within 1 working day of the closing date. Winner must respond within 1 working day of receiving notification in order to claim their prize, failure to do this will result in another winner being drawn.
5. The prize includes one pair of tickets to the film premiere.
6. Prize is as stated, and no alternatives can be offered. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Prizes have no cash value. The place on the event is for the named competition winner only.
7. All entrants are bound by the rules, HotChillee Ltd reserves the right to amend the rules at any time. Promoter: HotChillee Ltd.
8. By signing up to this competition, we will add you to our newsletter subscriber list; you can remove yourself from this at any time.
9. Your data will not be shared with any third parties outside of Cyclosport.org or HotChillee Ltd.