10th Tour of Worcester
01/10/2017 - Worcestershire - Sportive
Weeks to go until event: less than 22 weeks
Welcome again to this very popular well established, autumn sportive basically following the route the Tour of Britain used while in the area, some years ago, this has become the basis of this testing late season sportive.
We are pleased to have reverted back to our traditional date to avoid the clock change.
Starting and finishing at Worcester racecourse, this ride takes in all the great climbs around Worcestershire with a short dip into Shropshire on the 92 miler while the shorter 62 miler follows the Long ride except the climb of the "killer option" and one or two more just before the 2nd feed point at Gt Witley.
The HQ is the Centre Pavilion and can be accessed by Severn Terrace, just follow the event HQ signage. Please do not try and enter via Grandstand Road.
Free car parking and toilets are adjacent to the start and finish in the racecourse centre pavilion.
Entries are "on line".
Entries are £25 and teams of 4 or more can enter at £20 per rider.
Further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries close on Wednesday 28th SEPTEMBER at midnight, but we will guarantee rides on the day at an extra £5.
Registration opens at 07.30, to collect your timing card and number, and the first riders will start at 08.30 last riders away at 09.15.
There are 2 feeds on the long ride and 1 on the short both at 100 House Hotel, car park at Great Witley supplying Clifbar nutrition and fruit and savouries to help keep up energy reserves.
A fully signed route, mechanical support and a broom wagon will help everyone complete this great day out.
- Entries on line at £25.00. Team entries £20 per person minimum of 4 riders
- On line entries close at Midnight Wednesday 28th SEPTEMBER
- Guaranteed on the day entry at £5 extra
- Fully signed route and to the HQ and with route warning signs and listed climbs.
- Tea and coffee at the start and a small replenishing snack on your return.
- We look forward to seeing all our regulars and new sportivers who will without doubt enjoy this great end of season sportive.
- FIRST 100 RIDERS TO REGERSTER GET A FREE WATER BOTTLE AND GEL.