Broughton Castle Sportive 2017
09/07/2017 - Broughton ,Nr Banbury - Sportive
Weeks to go until event: less than 11 weeks
- 'Family Fun' ride of 10km / 5.5 miles (entry for which is made payable on the day). A flat(ish) family friendly route around the quiet road and track immediately surrounding the castle.
- 'Cotswold Tour 20' 32km / 20 miles through undulating North Oxfordshire ironstone countryside - the course winds its way through the villages of Shutford, and Epwell. There are no really big hills on this route we promise, but by the nature of the terrain it will be a challenge if you've not done much cycling before. There will be one feed-station on the route at approximately half distance. The Cotswold Tour 20 might suit people who are new to sportive cycling or a medium ability but who still want a good cycling challenge.
- 'Cotswold Classic 50' of 80km / 50miles. This route has been designed to incorporate several classic hill climbs including Nebsworth Lane climb near Ilmington, before looping through Moreton in Marsh for the feed-station located at Cotswold Cycles shop. This route is designed for the more regular cyclist who is accustomed to riding more challenging and hilly terrain. There will be 1 feed-station on this route at mile 30. The route is a testing ride and you should expect it to take somewhere between 3 and 5 hours.
'Costwold Monster 100' - 160km / 100 Mile. This sportive route will be one of the most challenging rides that you will complete all year. The 'figure of eight' course takes in several classic climbs of the area including Nebsworth Lane, Snowshill and Butlers Lane but is also full of smaller notoriously leg sapping Cotswold lumps and bumps which the area is famous for in the cycling world. Feed stations will be located at mile 30, mile 55 and mile 80. This one really is for the serious cyclist. It's recommended that you train for this ride in order to complete the distance. Timing - for the best 5 hours, for the indefatigable 8 - 10 hours. Riders on the Costwold Monster 100 will be required to start between 7am and 8am.
Cotswold Tour 20, Cotswold Classic 50, and Cotswold Monster 100 routes will have full electronic chip timing.... so lets see what time you can do!
Riders who have completed the 100,50 and 20 mile routes will be entitled to a free burger.
* Mechanical support
* Medical support
* Free car park at start/finish venue
* Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
* Well-stocked feed stations
* Electronic chip timing
* Finishers medal
BBQ,drinks and childrens entertainment in castle grounds.
Full route maps and downloadable .gpx files for GPS devices can be found on the event website:
Look forward to seeing you on July 9th 2017