The Lionheart Sportive
17/04/2016 - Longleat, Wiltshire - Sportive
Prowling into its sixth year, The Lionheart has worked hard to establish itself as one of the UK's most favoured cyclosportives. Organised by an inventive bunch of cyclists, The Lionheart's early season following is rightfully deserved. Voted once again as one of the top sportives of 2014 by 'Cyclosport' readers; we're back in the saddle enjoying the splendour of Longleat Estate as the start and finish point of The Lionheart Cyclosportive.
Back by popular demand, both 100 mile and 100km routes exploit this fantastically scenic corner of South West England. With a closed road hill climb testing your speed and your spirit, this is characterful cycling terrain make no mistake.
With 5 years of glowing reviews from riders tucked securely under its mane, The Lionheart is a perfect early season ride, that will really stretch out your winter legs. An abundance of rolling hills, fantastic views and fast descents - with the added thrill of riding close to the big cats at Longleat - riders can be assured of a challenging and memorable day.
Come and join us and see what all the fuss is about!
- Voted one of the top sportives of 2014 by Cyclosport.
- Stunningly scenic West Country route with rolling hills and fast descents.
- Added test of a closed road hill climb.
- Perfect early season ride to stretch out your winter legs.
- Event packs sent out in the post - no need to register on the day.
- Free parking
- Mechanical support
- Medical support
- Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
- Energy drinks, bars and gels provided at feed stations (plus cheese and wine at feed station 3!)
- Electronic chip timing
- Results texted to you as you cross the line
- Unique finisher's medal
- Hot food at the finish
You May Also Like...
Events You May Also Like...
Charnwood Primavera Weeks to go until event: less than 5 weeks
Evans Cycles Kingston Store Sportive Weeks to go until event: less than 4 weeks
Ride the Trafalgar Way - 100 Series - Conqueror (Exeter - Salisbury) Weeks to go until event: less than 12 weeks
Suffolk Sunrise Days to go until event: 10
Tour De Manc Chas Collins Memorial Edition Weeks to go until event: less than 6 weeks
This event's shortened URL is: http://cyclosport.org/6958