Willesden Reliability Ride
19/02/2017 - Chalfont St Peter - Reliability Ride
ast of the multi-club Chiltern Classic Series rides, the Willesden CC Reliability Rides offer some of the best cycling in the Chilterns.
What is a Reliability Ride?
Reliability rides provide late winter (Jan-Mar) training rides where the object is to provide base fitness in preparation for the more demanding race training that will follow when the weather improves. In today's world of sportives they are enjoyed by more than just competitive cyclists. Time goals are set for the rides that entrants aim to better. The rides are not races, you are riding on the road
There are two distances:
- A 50km run, with 550 meters climbing. Setting off at 09:45, target time 2 hours 30 minutes which is 20 kph (12 mph)
- A 100km ride with 1200 meters climbing. Setting off at 09:30 there are three targets
- Average speed 30kph (18 mph) in 3 hours 30 minutes
- Average speed 23kph (14 mph) in 4 hours 30 minutes
- Average speed 19kph (12 mph) in 5 hours 30 minutes
Choose your ride on the day.