Battle on the Beach
26/03/2017 - Pembrey Country Park - MTB
What it is - The UK's most unique cycling event - open to all bikes
Where it is - Pembrey Country Park, Nr. Llanelli. South Wales, SA16 0EJ
When it is - March 25-26th, 2017
The 2017 course will be a total of 3 laps (or 2 laps for fun categories), total distance being approximately 45km.
The big change to previous years is that Lap 3 will on a slightly different track after the beach section. This will ensure that the leaders have a clear run to the finish and more relaxed riders have less worry about fast riders approaching.
The lap will have a similar feel to previous years and is comprised of approximately 5km on the beach (all hard sand) 5km singletrack, 5km doubletrack or forest roads. Only 100 metres is in soft sand, on the beach entrance.
2017 Entry Includes:
Race Entry - £30:
If you want to make a weekend of it and have entry to Battle in the Dark & camping included, check out the weekend pass below.
- Free park entry for 1 vehicle*
- Event centre facilities and all-weather parking
- Electronic Chip Timing
- Custom medal to all finishers
- On-site catering
- Full Route Marking
- Cash prizes to Open Male & Female categories
- Prizes or trophies to all category podium winners
- Bike wash facilities
- Online results service
- First aid support
- Event Photography (Anthony Pease Photography)
Weekend Pass - £40:
As above, plus:
- Camping including showers & toilets
(NB: electric hook-up spots are available, but must be booked directly through the park) at the standard prices.
- Entry to Battle on the Beach and Battle in the Dark
*Arrivals outside of manned barrier arrivals will need to reclaim the £2 barrier charge from the visitor centre.