Kinross Cycling Club Family Cycle Challenge
29/04/2012 - Loch Leven, Kinross - Charity Ride
Kinross Cycling Club the organisers of Sportive Kinross are delighted to be staging the inaugural Kinross Cycling Club Family Cycle challenge in support of Scottish Cot Death Trust. This is a sponsored mini cyclo sportive for families of all ages fancying a day out in Kinross-shire. Here you will ride your bike in a stunning 'car free' setting around the heritage trail cycle path at Loch Leven, Kinross. Viewing stunning scenery, historic buildings and have a fun day out on your bike. There are lots of places to stop for picnics and a coffee on the route too. The event will be staged on the 29th April and start from The Boathouse Bistro, Pier Road, Kinross, KY13 8UF - entry fees are £5.00 for an individual and £10.00 for a family.
REGISTRATION: The Boathouse Bistro, Pier Road, Kinross
START: Between 10:00am and 11:00am. Riders must finish by 3.00pm.
The event is a mini cyclo sportive for families, friends and children (all children must be accompanied by an adult). We are giving you a choice of three categorised routes to suit various ages and abilities and setting a modest target of £20.00 sponsorship for families and £10 for individuals. Please download your sponsorship form from the KCC website.
- The routes and distances are:
- Bronze to Burleigh Sands and back c.6.7km (4.2 miles)
- Silver to Loch Levens Larder and back c.13.2km (8.2miles)
- Gold to Vane Farm and back c.22.5km (14 miles)
- Click here for the route http://http://g.co/maps/ed6tpor visit the KCC website for more details http://www.kinrosscyclingclub.co.uk)
- Souvenir Entry number to display on your bike
- Event memento from the charity
- Completion certificate.
- Fully marshalled route.
- Feeding stations.
- All the monies raised will go to the events partner charity Scottish Cot Death Trust http://www.scottishcotdeathtrust.org)
- All persons under 18 must be accompanied by adult.